It’s time to introduce you to our newest sponsor, Laura from The Ironstone Nest! Here is a little interview I did with Laura to learn more about her business and her love of vintage (what’s NOT to love, I say?)
1. Can you explain the inspiration behind your name, The Ironstone Nest? My business name used to be “B & B’s Nest”, which was based on family nicknames, but as my business developed over the last year, it became clear that a name change was the most logical thing to do. I’ve been an avid collector of vintage ironstone china for years now, and wanting to keep “nest” in the name, The Ironstone Nest was born.
2. When did you start collecting vintage? I’ve been collecting vintage items, as well as refurbishing antique furniture, for our home for years. One day, I began searching for vintage items online and discovered a whole world of bloggers out there. I had no idea anyone would be interested in what I was doing in our home. It wasn’t long before my blog was born and I began refurbishing furniture and re-purposing vintage items for other people. I love what I do and if someone else is inspired by it, then that is the biggest compliment I can receive.
3. What is your favorite find? Oh that’s easy. My favorite find is our trash picked buffet that now sits in our kitchen. I love the thrill of the hunt when searching for a desired vintage treasure, but it’s even better when the vintage treasure finds you. You’ll have the read the dramatic story to believe it.
4. What item (or collection!) are you still looking for? Well, I’m always on the look out for ironstone, of course, but one of the items that’s been on my list for a while is a factory/warehouse cart to use as a coffee table in our basement living room. The room is currently decorated with an industrial touch and I think it’ would be a really nice addition. I’m also on the lookout for some old doors that we can use to make a barn door as a transition from our living room to our kitchen. Who doesn’t love a barn door?
photo : likely design
5. Anything else you would like to add?? Thank you so much to Naomi of The Glitter Workshop for all of your hard work in putting this market together. I’m thrilled to be a part of it and I can’t wait to meet all of the wonderful vendors and fabulous shoppers!
Awww…. Thanks, Laura! We really appreciate your support to help make this an awesome event!